When you want to create a website, there are two major things you need before you can move further. One is a domain name. The other is Web Hosting.
A website is made of files, much like the ones stored on your computer. Whenever you go a website, you’re seeing those files.
The way you can see those files is because they’re stored – or hosted – on a server. A server is just a big, powerful computer that your browser asks to send it the files that it wants to see – the site that you asked for when you entered the domain name into your browser. The domain name is what the website is called, and the Web Hosting is where its files are stored.
So hosting is a necessary part of having a website. You can have a domain name and you can have the files that make up your website, but without Web Hosting it won’t be connected to the internet and nobody will be able to see it.
Choosing Your Web Hosting
So what kind of Web Hosting do you need? What makes Web Hosting right for you?
- First, you need to make sure your hosting has enough memory to hold all of the files that make up your site. That includes things like email, pictures, videos – all of that stuff has to be stored on your Web Hosting, or your site visitors won’t be able to see it. For a small site – a personal blog or a short description of your business or services with a telephone number – you won’t need very much storage. If you want something big, though, you’re going to need a lot more space. Luckily, at Crazy Domains you can start off small and upgrade as you need – it’s really easy.
- Second, you need to make sure that your hosting is reliable. Your hosting has to be able to deliver files at any time, because someone might come to your site at any time. We don’t like to brag, but at Crazy Domains we have a 99% uptime guarantee, meaning that your hosting is assured to always be able to handle requests from your visitors.
- Third, make sure your hosting is secure. This is a no-brainer – there are lots of different ways that cyber attackers can break into unsecured sites and steal data, vandalise the site, or put viruses in your content. Of course, at Hosting Plaza security is our watchword. We also offer increased Site Protection for those who like to sleep extra easy at night.
- Fourth, your hosting has to be fast. Nobody likes to sit and stare at an empty browser while they wait for a site to load. Our blazing fast cloud network makes sure that this doesn’t happen.
- Lastly, and something we take very seriously at Hosting Plaza, is that your hosting provider (that’s us!) should always be there for you. Our support is available round the clock to make sure that if you ever have a problem it gets solved right away. You have better things to do than try to deal with some technical problem when there are qualified professionals who are happy to do it for you.
So if you’re ready to get started with your very own site, click here in the menu at and we’ll get you started instantly. You’ll be able to choose the plan that’s right for you – don’t worry, you can upgrade it whenever you want.